Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit 2 -> USB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneaKSz

Hello all ,

I have a pickit 2 with a low pin count developers board. Now I can get USB communication with a examplecode from the Microchip USB framework. But when I only hang the USB-cable to the low pintcount board I cant get communication with the laptop.

When I now connect the pickit2 with the ICSP of the board and the other side of the pickit 2 isnt connected to USB , I can get connection from the laptop to the µC.

Of course I want to have a connection without the ICSP ( pickit 2) , I already tried to hang MCLR to VCC , it has no effect.

Could someone please help me with this stupid problem.

THanks

Other than removing the pickit 2 each time from icsp, or install a dpdt switch. It's crappy that the USB+ and USB- are on the dat and clck pins. Another way to get around that would be a debug header? I think they supply that with the low pin count USB demo board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back