Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKIT 2 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v0 said:
IIRC the pickit2 includes the CCS PCB (12 bit) compiler. Can you tell if this is a normal copy or some limited demo version?

Sorry for the delay on the reply, lost power for three days...

It is a nerfed demo, quote from the download page;
This demo version only supports the PIC16F887 microcontroller up to a 2K program size limit.

There's a few other programs/examples/tips to get you started in the package aswell

I know what that feels like. We had a similar outage last winter.

Anyway.

I was asking about CCS PCB™ Baseline C Compiler the 12 bit compiler. The reason I asked is that the other compilers in the bundle are either DEMO or LITE versions, but it does not list the PCB compiler as such.

If it is the full version it alone may be worth the price of the PicKit2.

Features of PICkit 2 Debug Express:
  • PICkit 2 Starter Kit with CD documents, lessons and source code, without the low-pin count demo board (see below)
  • 44-pin demo board with PIC16F887 mid range PIC microcontroller
  • FREE! Microchip’s MPLAB IDE software for a complete code development environment
  • FREE! HI-TECH PICC™ LITE C Compiler (contained on the MPLAB CD)
  • FREE! CCS PCB™ Baseline C Compiler (Installed with MPLAB v7.41 or greater)
  • FREE! CCS PCM™ Midrange C Compiler Demo for PIC16F887(contained on the PICkit 2
  • CD)

I don't know whether the CCS PCB Compiler is full or crippled, but you wouldn't have to purchase the PicKit2 in order to find out. It's included in the install of MPLAB v7.41 or greater. (It is listed under "Free Components" on the MPLAB page.)

If you've installed the latest version of MPLAB, I believe that it can be found in one of the subdirectories. I remember it installing with the past few versions that I have downloaded, but I am on the wrong computer to check for you at the moment.

Hi. I am a beginner and use inexpensive PICKIT2 statrter kit with PIC16f690. I tried to download manual poster by you but not able to do so. can you send me this manual so that I can begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back