Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICkit 2 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixman

Hi

I HAVE A PICKIT2 AND WHEN YOU START 'PICKIT2 PROGRAMMER' I GET AN ERROR.
PICKIT 2 VDD voltage error.
Check target & retry operation.
I GET THIS ERROR IF I AM NOT CONNECTED TO A CIRCUIT.
IF I TRY AND CALIBRATE THE VDD VOLTAGE I DOES NOT GIVE A VOLTAGE OUTPUT.
I HAVE TRIED IT ON 3 COMPUTERS ALREADY WITH THE SAME RESULT.
ONLY IF I SUPPLY THE CIRCUIT WITH EXTERNAL POWER DOES IT FIND THE PIC I AM USING. IN MPLAB IT ALSO COMES UP WITH ERRORS.

DAVID

Hi mike

the pickit is not connected anything.if i run the troubleshooting for pickit the first test fails.
Then in step3 "vdd short detected". Could it be something in the pickit the has been damaged.

David

I couldn't understand everything you told, but I think the problem is you haven't powerd your circuit i.e. you need to supply ground to Vss and 5 V to Vdd of the PIC EXTERNALLY.
However there is option to power it from the PIC as well.

The problem is the pickit. It seems to be damaged. I found something on microchip forum that it could be a diode (d4) near the button that is damaged.
They say it is from overloading the pickit but at the same time the pickit has got protection against overloading and short circuit.
I will test it later and let you know.

check if there is any short connection between vpp and ground....

please share your schematic here

Last edited:
I got hold of the local microchip agent.
They told me to bring it in and they could do an exchange for me or repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back