Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit 2 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uco

Hi Folks
First Post

New to PIC's, just installed Pickit2, but appear to have a Microsoft Driver.

I seem to have read somewhere that this is incorrect.

Tried to trawl the Microchip site, but cannot find relevant info.

Device Manager window:

USB Human Interface Device
Driver Provider Microsoft
Driver Date 21/06/2006
Driver Version 6.1.6002.18005
Digital Signer micrsoft windows

On Vista 32 bit PC

The Pickit does appear to work, as far as I have used it. ie. PC recognises Pickit2 connected, recognises 'F690 in board, and I can read, write, and download program etc.

If this is not the correct driver, can anyone point me to the correct one ??

Dave

If it works, why worry about it? - I've no idea what the driver is supposed to be, the installer takes care of that.

I installed mine under Vista, it works fine.

BTW, where abouts in Derbyshire are you?.

Hi Nigel

That was quick ! Terrifying ....

Not too bothered about it, have migrated from Picaxe, been reading the stuff on PIC's for some weeks.
During this I found er .. somewhere .. an Installation Guide or similar for Pickit2 with illustrations of windows during installation.
One of which is a 'woe betide' re: Microsoft Driver ?
Now I can't find it again.
Uninstalled the Pickit2 twice, but still does not seem to give any opportunity to search for any other driver.

Me? Sunny ( at the mo' ) BELPER

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Nigel

That was quick ! Terrifying ....

Not too bothered about it, have migrated from Picaxe, been reading the stuff on PIC's for some weeks.
During this I found er .. somewhere .. an Installation Guide or similar for Pickit2 with illustrations of windows during installation.
One of which is a 'woe betide' re: Microsoft Driver ?
Now I can't find it again.
Uninstalled the Pickit2 twice, but still does not seem to give any opportunity to search for any other driver.

I don't see as there's any need to?.

Me? Sunny ( at the mo' ) BELPER

Dave

I'm not far away then, I work in Matlock.

Nigel

Yup, will just leave it as it is. See what happens.

Matlock - nice place to work. Can think of a lot worse, been in 'em ...

Not too keen on that hill coming down to the A6 junction. Nearly wrote off my Volvo on black ice in '84, ... not to be repeated ..

Dave

Nigel

Yup, will just leave it as it is. See what happens.

Matlock - nice place to work. Can think of a lot worse, been in 'em ...

Not too keen on that hill coming down to the A6 junction. Nearly wrote off my Volvo on black ice in '84, ... not to be repeated ..

It's Bank Road, historically there used to be a cable car that ran up it, the tramshed is still there at the top of the road, most of it underground.

Ah, interesting .. some sites on the www about the cable tram. I never knew about it.

Should have left the cable there. Handy to grab it !! Good chance it would have been better than my brakes at the time ...

Dave

Ah, interesting .. some sites on the www about the cable tram. I never knew about it.

Should have left the cable there. Handy to grab it !! Good chance it would have been better than my brakes at the time ...

Another interesting fact, the shelter in the park used to be the tram shelter at the bottom of the tram cable - it was moved to the park when the tram system was dismantled.

For those from 'foreign parts', Matlock was a famous spa town, where victorians used to come to 'take the waters', and there are some pretty impressive old spa's there - the largest of which is now the headquarters of Derbyshire County Council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back