Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Picking up a radio station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britt34

Hello. I am currently in school for EET. I like to go online and find circuits to build with my xk-700 trainer kit. The other day I built the Buzzit circuit which is suppose to make different alarm type sounds. So I built the circuit and somehow it didn't do what it should. However I picked up a radio station and was able to change it with the potentiometer (spelling). I took it apart and now when I try it again, I cant find how I did that. Would anyone know what I did. HEre were the active components. 1M variable resistor or potentiometer, 33K, 1K, pnp and npn transistor, 100n capacitor and speaker.

An "AM crystal radio" is just an antenna and tuned circuit followed by a diode rectifier optionally followed by an audio amplifier. If you are close to an AM transmitter, you don't even need a tuned circuit; any wiring that the signal can be induced into will work as the antenna. Any semiconductor device will work as the rectifier, as will a galena crystal and sharp-pointed thingy, or a safety-in and blued razor blade. If there is any amplification in the audible range and an earphone/speaker, then you will hear it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back