Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICDEM USB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_87

Hello,

I'm working on the PICDEM USB based on the PIC18F4550, I modify it according to the official microchip document! as for the source code, I referred to the "Microchip solution" and I'm using a demo project that supports the PICDEM FS USB (which is different from PICDEM USB) along with other types of development boards!
so I'm having problem downloading the firmware to the MCU (I'm using the ICD2), I double checked everything related to power and communication wires...
so what might be the problem? my concern is the configuration code for the PICDEM FS USB is totally different from the PICDEM USB although they are based on the same type of MCU (18F4550)
any ideas ?!

Thanks in advance

the first warning:
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x90, read=0x0)
a read '0' indicates that the board is un-powered or the oscillator is damaged ... Im powering the board from its USB port and of course having the jumper in the "Bus" position, so the MCU can be powered from the USB Bus and not an external 9v.

2nd warning: ICDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sure that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" to continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation ... its related to the 1st warning!

Best Regards

Looks like Microchip has an appnote on the conversion of your board to FS USB. If it were me, I would breadboard the minimum FS setup exactly, and get that working with the pre-compiled demo's in the solutions folder. Then transfer that setup over to the PicDem USB board per the appnote. Kinda sounds like an oscillator or oscillator configuration problem.

exactly, I followed each step detailed in this appnote ... well im gonna replace the oscillator, cz i believe thats the problem too! as for the configuration! I configured it as written in the note !I'll give it a try with the oscillator, hopefully it will work, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back