Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICAXE flowsheet code good for clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be a good idea to use a picaxe-18x chip which is programmed using flowsheet software as a clock for a shift register or would i be better off connecting the chip to a driver for an occilator system or something?

I would say it's a pretty poor solution in general. A PICAXE runs interpreted code, thus it's EXTREMELY slow in comparison to just writing "real" code for the PIC that it is running on.

Using a standalone oscillator would probably make a lot more sense.

But, it's also kind of hard to make recommendations since you don't specify what frequency (or other requirements) you need to achieve, or even what exactly you're trying to do.

10hz or more would be fine. if i were to use an occilator it would need to be a quite accurate one because i need the chip to count when there are pulses even if the chip itself isnt making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back