Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICAXE 28x Resonator Capasitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
the picaxe 28x is basically 16F873A so would an external resonator of 4mhz with two loading capasitors of 22pf be ok? and i have i got it set up right here:

Attachments

• resonator.JPG
    resonator.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 288
Resonator or crystal? Ceramic resonators are three pin devices and have built in load capacitors, so none would be needed, accuracy is less than a crystal though. For a crystal you should chose a crystal that was designed for the same load capacitance as your PIC, (which is easy) most common crystals that operate on fundamental frequencies use 18-22pf capacitors. You can use trimmer capacitors to fine tune the frequency if needed, though if you need trimmer caps for frequency it's probably a good idea to oven control the entire oscilator section. (Pic and crystal) Or use an external oven controlled oscilator.

ok well i got a two pin crystal which is found here:

**broken link removed**

and so i need the load capacitors, its doesnt have to be accurate so thats not a problem. on the site it saysa load of 20pf, so would a 22pf be ok or could i use two 10pf capacitors in parrallel? i would prefer to only use the one, but i would use two if necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back