Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICall Programmer 12F675 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterK

I recently programmed a 12F675 and after it was programmed and verified I could not have any access. (no read, erase etc)

Any suggestions?

Peter

Don't know about picall, but some programmers, like jdm, have problems with the 12f675 when running on internal oscillator. They turn VDD on before VPP and the pic starts running its program wich prevents it from gooing into programming mode, maybe the picall's problem is similar...

Exo said:
Don't know about picall, but some programmers, like jdm, have problems with the 12f675 when running on internal oscillator. They turn VDD on before VPP and the pic starts running its program wich prevents it from gooing into programming mode, maybe the picall's problem is similar...

Yes, I believe the programming spec for most PIC's is that Vpp has to appear no later than 250uS after Vdd, if the internal oscillator is in use. If there's no internal oscillator, or it's not enabled, it's not critical.

I found this with WinPicProg with the 16F628 and modified it accordingly, making the delay between Vdd and Vpp adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back