Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

picall error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six-Sixteen

hi there.
i'm new to pic. I have built kit 96 programmer but I have trouble loading my hex file using picallw.exe.

I get program error.
Program: address=0000 buffer=2828 device=3FFF.

can anybody tell me what does this mean, and how to solve this?

I use same programmer and it works fine on all but one PC (I guess I'll have to add that modification with PNP transistors to pull the line down).
Circuit is very simple. Once assembled and powered, check voltage between + and - terminals of the bridge rectifier. It should be 15 to 20V
and green LED should be on. If 25pin cable is not connected red LED can be either on or off, it doesn't matter at this point. If you don't get 15V replace wallwart for something else.
Next check levels on outputs of each regulator. If you don't get regulated voltages 13V and 5V replace bad regulator.
You can measure 5V right on the socket for PIC (check 16F84 pinout).

Thanks Panic Mode.

I've later found out that my PIC was defective. When I changed it, and transferred all components to PCB from bread board the programmer functions very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back