Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic32 I2c Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey,
I'm getting a Master bus collision occurring AFTER I send my first byte, so

Code:
    if(I2CSendByte(EEPROM_I2C_BUS, data) == I2C_MASTER_BUS_COLLISION)
    {
        write("Error: I2C Master Bus Collision\n");
        return FALSE;
    }
else
********* CODE reaches else statement **********************

the 'if' statement returns false meaning no bus collision occurs here, its slightly after.
I'm assuming that this is occuring during the ACK from the slave. If so, what is possibly causing this and how do I get around it?
This is my first time with I2C, so I'm oblivious to its intricacies.

This is the flag I2C3STATbits.BCL
Thanks

Hi thanks for replying.
I've got 1k ohm pull ups to 2.8v to cmos camera, found at sparkfun.
I did it particularly strange that the whole first byte sends without error.
Just to make sure, I want my pins set as inputs right?

For any poor unfortunate soul who happens to discover this poorly documented camera in the future. Please Note, RESET is active LOW.

For any poor unfortunate soul who happens to discover this poorly documented camera in the future. Please Note, RESET is active LOW.

Good point for beginners. Reset is almost always active low in every device or chip that has reset.

While I knew that, I seem to remember coming across something that led me to believe it to be active high, in the data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back