Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18FJ128 Port Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

All,

I have 10 boards which I've designed using the PIC24FJ128. On all working boards(9 out of 10) I have a resistance between two port pins to be about 10k. On the failing board the resistance is 16k. I have debugged everything back to these two pins and haven't ran into such a problem before.

Has anyone seen this or has any thoughts as to what might be going on?

Last edited:
How are you measuring this resistance and under what conditions?

How would you help any way there no way to no whats going on here with what the OP posted

could be a bad solder joint.

be8, the resistance measurements he stated make no logical sense, so I ask how and what they did. THAT will help. I can't help nor can anyone else until what he said makes sense.. was just going down my internal list of asking for more information and that seemed pertinent.

'could be a bad solder joint' or a stupid operator, or a bad probe lead, or any of 1000 or more other things. Lets focus on finding out what their problem might REALLY be.

Last edited:
How would you help any way there no way to no whats going on here with what the OP posted

Sceadwian I think I'm focus on finding out what their problem might REALLY be. The op needs to post more about whats wrong

This is not much to go by
10k. On the failing board the resistance is 16k
And if it's not on a ADC pin I don't see it being a big deal.

Bottom Line Need more info to help

Hence MY first post in this thread be8..... Why don't we let the OP post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back