Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F97J60 with 802.11 possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deweyusa

Hi

Thanks to advice here, I've discovered Microchip's PIC18F97J60 all-in-one micro and ethernet controller. I'd like to add even more complexity to a project of mine (so I have absolutely no free time in my life).

I'd like to make a device that will collect data from sensors attached to it, and be accesible over a standard 802.11a, b or g network, so it can be queired with a PC that has a wireless connection using a standard browser.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good 802.11 wireless modules that I can couple with the PIC18F97J60 to form a wireless access point with a sensor monitoring suite behind it.

Do I even need the PIC18F97J60 in this case? I mean, it's meant for wired ethernet, and some of the 802.11 wireless modules I've seen have a controller of some kind in them.

So I guess this is more a question of implementation, and how it could be done the best.

Thanks for your help

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back