Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f4550 usb programmer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amenoera

hello everybody ,

i have a problem programming "pic18f4550" , am now working on laptop
and its not have r s232 port , so my old and lovely jdm programmer cant
work anymore , now i need to program it using usb port , any one know
where to find it , but like befor i want to build it , i found one but it use
max662 + pic18f2550 , and here in my country i dont have max662 . so
any one can help me to build it . thanks

note : i have 2 pic18f4550 and i want to use 1 to program the other .

regards .

Search the Microchip website for the “PICDEM FS USB DEMO BOARD” that uses that chip. You can download a schematic and software for that board. The demo software will let you program the chip with your HEX file. They used Borland C for the PC end of the demo but I was able to find a Visual C++ translation of it on their Microchip forum.
This page has the **broken link removed**
Downloads and Related Application Notes:
**broken link removed**

MCHPFSUSB v1.2 Release Notes

MCHPFSUSB User’s Guide

AN956:

The Junebug is a PICkit 2 compatible USB programmer / debugger. The schematic is on my site in the Junebug assembly manual.
IMO it's as easy to build as the brenner 8 and does much much more too.

I don't know if anyone tried using PIC18F4550 on a 18F2550 mode, and download the PICKit2 code, you should be able to make a working PICKit2 unit quickly.

monkeybiter said:
Blueroom don't you worry about publishing all your schematics for all to use?

Enjoy, just give me credit for them. After all I "borrowed" the design for the Junebug (programmer part only) from the PICkit2 manual. And the Inchworm was based on Eric Stolz's design. The Unicorn was based on the ones on the ICD2CLONE.COM site. Of coure I always add my touch to them.

Lots of people appear to have built Junebug copies based on the schematic, same with the Inchworm.

I don't publish the PCB layouts, those belong to me:)
**broken link removed**
The Junebug prototype (yes it works and uses a 18F4550 as I didn't have any 16F2550s on hand)

well i'll come clean then, i'm building an inchworm+ cause i've heard so much good about it. i must admit i wasn't very happy when it wouldn't communicate with mplab, all the components checked out, as did the circuit, the serial cable was the one i used for other projects, but then i don't use the handshaking lines. guess what comes next.
in anticipation of completion thanks for the design and work put in.
perhaps you could keep your firmware secret and protected to put off freeloaders [ahem]? we would at least have to buy the pic from you..

Hi Bill,
Do you pay for using the firmware and cloning Microchip's product? Just wondering :)

The Junebug prototype (yes it works and uses a 18F4550 as I didn't have any 16F2550s on hand)
18F2550 huh :p

pic18f4550

please tell me how you put the pic18f4550 insted of pic 18f2550? gest like that? only you follow the pins name? or you need some additional software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back