Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18f4550 interface usb not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

winson1224

I'm currently doing some example online for PIC18f4550. Everything was ok until i programmed the PIC and plug in the usb port to PC, error 'USB not recognize' was showed. How can i solve this problem?

You also need a cap from Vusb to ground on the PIC. I think the data sheet only mentions this in a footnote! I have one of Microchip's demo boards with an 18f2550 where THEY forgot this little detail and the board wouldn't communicate without it.

I think 0.47 μF is the usual choice but the value isn't critical.

Thx for your reply..i tried many examples..but all end up still got this error..i downloaded and installed the libraries also..do u have any other succeed example?

Thx for your reply..i tried many examples..but all end up still got this error..i downloaded and installed the libraries also..do u have any other succeed example?

You need to install the driver when the libraries are installed... its a separate thing..

Once the Microchip library is installed... go here C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\USB.

There are 10 different driver types for the microchip USB devices... There is also a documentation folder so you can find out which one you need...

Hi sir..
I read your post regrading the USB interface with PIC ...I hope your completed that project
Can you help for doing USB interface with pic18f4550..
please sir.
can share the sample project and code

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back