Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18f452

Status
Not open for further replies.

yantheman

Im using PIC18F452, ADXL203 and the given microchip target board. Im trying to read the 2 analog output of the accelerometer and do a ADC and display the digital value on an LCD. The connection is as shown in the attachment. Just checking is the connection correct? Anything missing ? Is my analog input correct as someone pointed to me that RE port cannot be used.

Attachments

• connections.jpg
    connections.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 235
Yeah, I believe all the analog inputs are on PortA. Check your spec sheet.

The output impedance of the ADXL devices is 32k ohms, at least the ones I know. That is FAR too high to provide to a PIC which needs 2.5k ohms max to live up to its full specifications.
Also the ADXL devices need to be band-limited. Simply put a cap on the output, the cap will make an RC filter with the internal 32k output resistance to make a lowpass filter. You want to get rid of not only the noise but any signal made from vibrations which are undesirable to capture.

What is the purpose of the input on RA0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back