Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f452 with serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknyc78

Hi, I'm new to these type of things and wondering what pins from the PIC18F452 connect to which pins on the DB-9 connectors and how do you program the pic and what type of function via serial ports with 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

you need an programer to program a PIC becose you need to control Vdd (5V) and Vpp(13V)

try to find one on the net

Thankyou for you input but my school already has a pic programmer, and I just wanted to know how.......to do this interface.....what type of program needs to be in the PIC to control 4 or 5 electronic devices through the serial from a PC.

You need to connect it via a RS232 level shifter/inverter such as the MAX232 chip.

Here's how it's connected. This is using a PIC16F628. I don't have the data sheet for the chip you mention, but the pins will be labeled the same I.E. RX & TX. If the chip has 2 usarts then you can use the second set of buffers in the MAX chip to a second 9 pin D connector.

HTH

Mike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back