Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4455 AND IN CIRCUIT PROGRAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

daszips

Hello! I am using a PIC 18F4455 and MPLAB and ICD2 programmer. I am ultimately trying to be able to program my PIC18F4455 in-circuit so that I can debug. Therefore I am hooking an RJ11 port to my PIC in order to connect the ICD2 to it. The reason I am doing this is because I have recently used a LAB-X1 board which had an onboard RJ11 port that allowed the ICD2 to connect to it to program. I have implemented this on my bread board, but I am not having any success with it working. I am receiving an "ICDWARN0020" error. Where it says that Invalid Target device ID. Can anyone give me any help on this??

Thanks

The troubleshooting method is to remove unnecessary connections until the device is accepted by ICD2 and then find out the problem.

Do the following step by step, follow each by an ICD2 "read" operation:

1. remove PIC Vdd connections (pin11 & pin32) to the rest of the board so that ICD2 only power up the 18F4455 on pin 11 & 32 and not the rest of the board.

2. remove connections on pin 1 /MCLR and connect 10K from pin to Vss.

3. remove connections on pin38 PGM and connect 10K resistor from pin to Vss

4. remove connections to pin 39 & 40 except those for ICD2 signals

Now you should be able to detect the device & program it.

Reverse the above step by step until the fault re-appear and then you know what is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back