pic18f4450 & microcode studio (& plus) error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristos

Hi.I am trying to write a program for a pic18f4450 with microcode studio and microcode studio plus but when i click on compile i get: Error[124] c:\pbp\pbppic18.lib 3015 : illegal argument. Why is that?

Hi.I am trying to write a program for a pic18f4450 with microcode studio and microcode studio plus but when i click on compile i get: Error[124] c:\pbp\pbppic18.lib 3015 : illegal argument. Why is that?

I'm not familiar with microcode studio, but what I do know is that you haven't provided enough information to get help. It looks like an incorrect function call from an included library. Is the compiler Pic Basic Pro (pbp?)
If you include your source code you have a much better chance of finding help with this. Put a code tag - the word code surrounded by square brackets [ and ] before your code, and /code surrounded by same square brackets at the end of it. This will keep your formatting intact.

Yes I am using pbp and i think that it looks like an incorrect function call from an included library but it might be my own mistake.I had the same problem with pic18f1330 but with mpasm it is ok,with pic18f4450 and pic16f877a it is not....The code is just to test the construction....
Code:
define osc 20
Define USE_LFSR 1
DEFINE LCD_DREG PORTA
DEFINE LCD_DBIT 0
DEFINE LCD_RSREG PORTA
DEFINE LCD_RSBIT 5
DEFINE LCD_EREG PORTa
DEFINE LCD_EBIT 4
DEFINE LCD_BITS 4
DEFINE LCD_LINES
DEFINE LCD_COMMANDUS 2100 
DEFINE LCD_DATAUS 65
pause 1000
a:
LCDOUT $FE, 1, "Hello word"
pause  1000
goto a
end

Do you have to include the library with #include, or is there another method in PBP? I don't see any includes in your source, perhaps this is what is wrong?

DEFINE LCD_EREG PORTa
DEFINE LCD_EBIT 4

The DEFINE LCD_EBIT 4 'LCD data starting bit 4, only the Porta has only 6 pins on this a port

for your data you must have atleast 4 bits. and starting whit 4 then you wil end whit 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…