Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F2620 not being able to self-execute control code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got word from Microchip technical support. It seems that the problem could be with pk2, the command line software that's responsible for communicating between my computer to the PIC microcontroller in Linux. So Bill has a strong point there. I think what happened with the PICKIT 2 software from Microchip was that I didn't connect some of the pins properly, resulting in a program freeze. Other than that, I just found that that flasher software was resource-consuming, hence the reason of doing so in Linux instead. I will further look into pk2 and sdcc before I make the switch again to developing the control code in Windows. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back