Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F2620 HS and LP oscillator modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

According to the datasheet, for HS oscillator, I'm recommended to use 15 pf capacitor on both pins of the oscillator to ground. Also for LP mode, it's recommended to use 30 pf capacitors. The trouble is I don't have those values. In order to get those values, I would have to connect quite a few of my lowest value capacitors available in series to get the equivalent capacitance and that would be quite a hassle. Does anyone know if there's an alternative before I give up and wait until I get the capacitors with those values?

Thanks!

Why don't you order the capacitors and use the internal oscillator until they arrive - you can still run at 32MHz. You could even implement oscillator fail code.

Mike.

The problem is that I can't get my internal oscillator working even on what I think from matching its .h file the right fusebits. See the thread "Phttps://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/pic18f2620-not-being-able-to-self-execute-control-code.32970/".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back