Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f2580 portb<5:7>

Status
Not open for further replies.

einton

hi guys i m using pic18f2580 for my project , but here i m involved in annonying problem with portb as its pins<5:7> are not working any way, is there any hidden matter involved with this; my program is this
void main()
{
TRISB = 0X0; // Configure PORTB as output
for(;;) // Endless loop
{
LATB = 0; // Turn ON LED, portb also used in place of lat
Delay_ms(2000); // 2 second delay
LATB = 0XFF; // Turn OFF LED
Delay_ms(2000); // 2 second delay
}
}
other pins are working but last three are not, i have configure <0:4> as digital i/o on reset.my hardware is alright as i have checked.

Do you have LVP turned on in config fuses?

Note: On a Power-on Reset, RB4, RB1 and RB0
are configured as analog inputs by default
and read as ‘0’; RB7:RB5 and RB3:RB2
are configured as digital inputs.

Last edited:
hi guys please do some favour to me , i need to verify my config bits setting, im using mikroc pro for pic , my program is
void main()
{
TRISB = 0; // Configure PORTB as output
for(;;) // Endless loop
{
PORTB = 0XFF; // Turn ON LED
Delay_ms(2000); // 1 second delay
PORTB = 0; // Turn OFF LED
Delay_ms(2000); // 1 second delay
}
}
portb<0:4> are working but pins<5:7>
are not ,please look this matter and my config setting ,
1E
0F
C0
0F
E0
0F

i have stack ov off , lvp is also off, background debug also, and xtended instruction set also off,portb pins are also designed as digital on reset.PLEASE TELL EARLIER what is the posssible problem, BECAUSE I NEED TO VERIFY WHETHER THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WITH MY HARDWARE, i have used various programs u please verify whether there is problem with my config settings.all other programs are working very efficiently.

Last edited:
Config Fuses

Hello Einton

On the PIC18F2580 there are over 10 configuration registers with a total of more than 28 options - you have posted a list of 11 'random' numbers that mean nothing. If you could tell us to which registers that they belong it means that we could check your config. If I just apply them in order from the start then I get:

0x02 in FOSC = High Speed Crystal/Resonator
0x06 in FCMEN = INVALID OPTION.

I dont know your hardware but you could try:

Code:
    __CONFIG _CONFIG1H, _OSC_HS_1H & _FCMEN_OFF_1H & _IESO_OFF_1H
    __CONFIG _CONFIG2L, _PWRT_OFF_2L & _BOREN_OFF_2L & _BORV_3_2L
    __CONFIG _CONFIG2H, _WDT_OFF_2H & _WDTPS_32768_2H
    __CONFIG _CONFIG3H, _PBADEN_OFF_3H & _LPT1OSC_OFF_3H & _MCLRE_ON_3H
    __CONFIG _CONFIG4L, _STVREN_OFF_4L & _LVP_OFF_4L & _BBSIZ_1024_4L & _XINST_OFF_4L & _DEBUG_OFF_4L
    __CONFIG _CONFIG5L, _CP0_OFF_5L & _CP1_OFF_5L & _CP2_OFF_5L & _CP3_OFF_5L
    __CONFIG _CONFIG5H, _CPB_OFF_5H & _CPD_OFF_5H
    __CONFIG _CONFIG6L, _WRT0_OFF_6L & _WRT1_OFF_6L & _WRT2_OFF_6L & _WRT3_OFF_6L
    __CONFIG _CONFIG6H, _WRTC_OFF_6H & _WRTB_OFF_6H & _WRTD_OFF_6H
    __CONFIG _CONFIG7L, _EBTR0_OFF_7L & _EBTR1_OFF_7L & _EBTR2_OFF_7L & _EBTR3_OFF_7L
    __CONFIG _CONFIG7H, _EBTRB_OFF_7H

So please give us a clue, and help us to help you :rolleyes:

Dear thanx 4 ur time.,i just want to test my portb pins for which i m using the program to blink the leds connected to portb pins, the program i have sent u earlier, the config settings i sent u were the sequence of config registers settings from config 1h to config7h.
but i have attached the config setting window of my mikroc pro compiler from edit project menu , which shows config settings and the actual words, the program was simple and described above.

Attachments

• configyyy.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 135
Project file

einton

Please zip and post your entire Mikro pro C project file. I will check it for you.

Rupert

I don't know why i waste my time but one more time. You don't have portb set right
Note: On a Power-on Reset, RB4, RB1 and RB0
are configured as analog inputs by default
and read as ‘0’; RB7:RB5 and RB3:RB2
are configured as digital inputs.

I did see any
MOVLW 0Eh ; Set RB<4:0> as
MOVWF ADCON1 ; digital I/O pins
Code:
void main()
{
TRISB = 0x0; // Configure PORTB as output
ADCON1 = 0xE;