Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

MCLR,

can anyone help me one moment telling me which value the c1 needs
if you see page 148 from the sheets, you have to make a network over there...whit that pin...(recommend..)

is only a resistor not sufficient..??
and if not which value you need for c1...

VDD
|
| |r1
| |
|
|======_r2__=== pin mclr
|
|
_
()c1
|
|
0 volt

planning for r1=10K and r2=1K

TKS said:
is only a resistor not sufficient..??
and if not which value you need for c1...

Just a resistor is fine, if you are not intending adding a reset switch, a wire link if fine as well - I usually just connect MCLR directly to +5V.

The idea of a resistor/capacitor combination is to slow the rise of the MCLR pin, basically to allow the HT rail to settle before the PIC starts running - but PIC's seem very happy without it, and even include an in-built timer for this function that you can select in the config fuses (if you want to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back