Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877A TX data to PC via serial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
derrick826 said:
may i know what can the tools (from PIC simulatior IDE) software UART simulation interface and the PC's serial port terminal do? When i simulate the sample coding you provided me in the previous post.. there are no results on both the tools
Its the 'hardware UART simulation tool when testing the PIC sim internal UART programs, NOT the software or PC.

Are the tools (software UART simulation interface and the PC's serial port terminal ) related to the hardware UART simulation?

The software simulator is when you write a program that uses PIC bit switching for the "uart" and not the PIC's internal UART

The PC's 'serial port terminal' is a utility program for using the PC's RS232, its not interlinked with the OS sim pins.

Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back