Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877A to Phone For Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbertfruh

Hello Guys

I have just recently realized a project that involves connecting a PIC16f877A to Siemens C25 phone to send and receive AT commands. This system can make a call or calls, send messages, read messages and interpret them either to switch on lamps or do what ever thing you wish to do. While browsing the internet, I realise that there are so many people out there trying to realize similar project. in exchange for a small financial compensation, I have decided to guide anyone who ones to realise similar project but does not have enough time to google the net. What is annoying about searching the net is that they never go directly to the point. I have spent a lot of money and time to realize this project. PIC16f977A is very very expensive here in Cameroon and having access to the internet is also very expensive since I am using a cybercafé. Having internet connection at home is something that is meant for the rich unfortunately I am not one of them. Hey there are scammers out there so to clear your fears, I will send you the tutorials step by step if you find it helpful that is when you will compensate me. I have divided this tutorial in three sections;
1 The circuit diagram
2 The AT commands
3 The source code.

I have also realize a dot matrix display that can display information stored in an eeprom or can be connected to the computer via the serial port to display info that has been typed in a small software that I wrote in Turbo C++. If you are interested then contact me at

This is my Email: gilbertfruh@yahoo.com

Turbo C++ ? Bit old isn't it?

Anyway, all it costs to develop a project using a mobile phone / modem is patience!

I have done quite a few in the past and even recently come across a strange issue with a particular modem which I have managed to resolve by spending a small amount (30 mins) of time in depth with the system testing madly!

Most of peoples issues is not getting the UART connected / programmed properly or the MAX232 chip and generally not understanding the PIC architecture / vital functions and components that surround it.

Admittedly it is not all in the same place, but I'm sure it wouldn't take someone long to collate the information.

As Bill said, either post it for free here, or try and sell it to a electronics magazine as a featured article.

Hello Wilksev

I agree with you that developing a project with a mobile phone is not all that difficult. But there are things you should understand that it is only when you move to the next class that you realise that the previous class was easier.

I am very convince that what you said you spent 30min to realise I can spend just 6min to do it now because I am now in the phone issue. The beginning is always very difficult.

Maybe you have internet connection 24/24 but I will tell you that I treck kilometres to get access to the internet just for 45min fortunately for me there are those who don’t only treck but they have to pay very high to have this same connection.

A PIC16F977A is sold in my country for around 95 dollars pretty expensive for somebody like me.

Turbo c++ is old TRUE but the most recent programming language I now and which I think i can easily use is Borland C++ Ver 6 is not affordable for someone like me but I have refuse to let poverty hinder my zeal for technology and i am sure my case is not the worst.

Last edited:
Pleaz blueroomelectronics

if you can help me with links to some of these electronic magazines I will be greatfull.

Hi Alberto,

Are you the original poster? It sounds like you are, but you have a different Username?

Anyway, yes, I do have an internet connection 24/7, and I understand that it is not easy in some countries to get a good / fast connection at a good price.

However, when I refer to issues I had with mine I didn't use the internet, I did post a question here, but I managed to figure it out on my own, by looking at the datasheet again, which is where I was refering to it taking a bit of patience.

Most compilers come with UART examples, and as long as you have the datasheet and the manuals for that particular compiler / chip it would be fairly straight forward to modify.

The point of forums like these are to help people, by giving tips / pointers in the right direction, not to sell your projects, which is what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back