Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 audio recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mir_borel

hello

does anyone knows how to program a PIC16F877? I need a program that will enable the pic to record audible sound and playback it after. pls i need help :cry: :cry: :cry:

The problem with a PIC is the lack of RAM, there's nowhere to store the large quantities of data required.

There's a project in the current issue of EPE that plays back 6 seconds of audio from an EEPROM, but the samples have to be recorded on a PC then transferred over.

There was a post a few weeks back that had a link to playback/recording chips with onboard storage intended for voice messaging. They could be controlled by a small microcontroller, or even a simple mechanical switch interface... I can't remember the brand name, but I remember Nigel posting on that thread, maybe he remembers? Nigel?

Hiya Mir,
Awhile ago someone I think Nigel put up this link https://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm
and I saved it for future reference. It's amazing just what can be done with pic's when you put your mind to it.

Hope this helps

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back