Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 and AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

naviid

Hello,
I have connected pic16f877 with with a moile phone using rs232 and i want the MCU to send the at commands to the mobile phone to send a sms message to a desired number ..... here i want to ask if it is possible to send text like AT commands to the mobile phone using serial rs232 ... help me in this scenario ...or tell me if there is some other solution to this problem ... im working with assembly code.

Thanks

Hello,
I have connected pic16f877 with with a moile phone using rs232 and i want the MCU to send the at commands to the mobile phone to send a sms message to a desired number ..... here i want to ask if it is possible to send text like AT commands to the mobile phone using serial rs232 ... help me in this scenario ...or tell me if there is some other solution to this problem ... im working with assembly code.

Thanks

hi,
For starters look here, I Googled AT Commands.:)

**broken link removed**

i want to ask if it is possible to send text like AT commands to the mobile phone using serial rs232 .

I've done it with USB via Hyperterminal, so I don't see why not.
How have you connected the Pic to the phone, and do you get communication between them ?

**broken link removed**

I am assuming that you have the USART of the PIC connected to the serial line of the phone.

(For short distances make you don't need to convert to RS232 levels and back again)

Watch the communication with hyperterminal or the USART function on a PICkit2 or similar.

Start by sending AT <cr>

and you should get back

<cr><lf>
OK
<cr><lf>

(<cr> means carriage return, hex character 0x0a. ,<lf> means line feed, hex character 0x0d)

Don't try to send a text until that works

here i m using max232 for voltage level transformation ..... are there some tutorials regarding sending text(AT commands) using the MCU throgh Tx pin ... can anyone please provide with some example assembly code ....
thank you

AT commands with PIC

Sending AT commands to a phone using a pic is not all that compicated if u have a knowledge in PIC microcontroller programming. There are three things u need to know.

1) phone pin configuration . Siemens A35, A36, A40, C25, C35, C45, M35, M35i, M50, ME45, MT50, S25, S35, S45, SL-42, SL45, 3118 cell phones cable connector pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru
2) pic to phone interfacinf diagram. (cantact me at albertsouh@yahoo.com)
3) a list of AT commands the phone can support. AT+C commands
4) a source code that will send this At commands. (cantact me at albertsouh@yahoo.com)

To get all these information from one site is very difficult and what is annoying is that they hardly go straight to the point. So if you have enough time search the above websites but if u are impatient as i was then spend some money to get exactly what u want in the shortest time possible.
I was suprise to meat this guy from africa in a forum he ask me to chip in some cash which i did to my greatest suprise he gave me exactly what i wanted. a very simple circuit diagram with very few components on how to connect the pic to the phone, a source code and and a list of AT commands supported by the phone. I am not saying that you should trust him but if you want to try the this the email picelectron@yahoo.com. If you have any thouhgts or questions, u may cantact me at albertsouh@yahoo.com

Help on a phone project

Hello,

Thanks for the great info.

Now, I would like some help on a similar project.

I want to interface a micro controller (e.g. PIC) to a mobile phone (any model that accepts AT commands).

The micro controller stores the appropriate AT command that it sends to the mobile phone on receiving the appropriate input (say from a switch), the micro controller send the AT command corresponding to initiating a phone call. This way the phone can be used to call another phone.

How exactly can I go about this?

Awaiting any response.

Thanks

Help on a phone project

Hello MathewKyle

I have just sent you a mail with a diagram so I am waiting for your feedbacks.

Hello Ericjibbs it is very very possible on condition that your phone supports the rs232 protocol. This is a phone that does siemens C25 and many other siemens phones.

PIC programming

Hello Guys

If any of you feel too buzy or lazy to write a source code in assembly language for PIC16f84A or PIC16f877A then you can pay me to do it for you.

this is my Email: albertsouh@yahoo.com

hi alberto! im trying to do something very similar to what mathewkyle was doing. I was hoping that you could send me that diagram your have. Thanks!

To get all these information from one site is very difficult and what is annoying is that they hardly go straight to the point. So if you have enough time search the above websites but if u are impatient as i was then spend some money to get exactly what u want in the shortest time possible.
I was suprise to meat this guy from africa in a forum he ask me to chip in some cash which i did to my greatest suprise he gave me exactly what i wanted. a very simple circuit diagram with very few components on how to connect the pic to the phone, a source code and and a list of AT commands supported by the phone. I am not saying that you should trust him but if you want to try the this the email picelectron@yahoo.com. If you have any thouhgts or questions, u may cantact me at

but then

Alberto

PIC programming
Hello Guys

If any of you feel too buzy or lazy to write a source code in assembly language for PIC16f84A or PIC16f877A then you can pay me to do it for you.

very sorry if i am barking up the wrong tree here. but in the first quote you state you paid to get a project like this done for yourself, but in the second you are offering to do this kind of thing for other people. why did you pay someone else to do it if you can do it yourself?? dosnt make sense to me. and if you cant do it as good yourself why would someone pay you to do it??
so then i sit here thinking if you are the same guy then why go through the pretence??
throw in a reference to africa and i have to say it isnt a good advert. you may be genuine and therefore i appologise but to me sounds fishy.

It does kind of change the whole nature of the forum if the answer to a question is "I know exactly what you need to do. Pay me and I'll give you the answer."

it isnt so much the pay me thing that worried me, afteral there are many people on here who are realy top of there game and there time is worth money. the fact they give there knowledge freely speak volumes as to the kind of people they are and i take my hat off to them.
if the post had simply said i know what is needed and i can do it for a price pm me then i dont see a real problem with that. what made me warry was the fact there seemed to be a contridiction and cover up. and just read to me like a scam.
but maybe i am just like that lol. i have a real thing about people getting ripped off

I am ok with you when you think of me as being a scammer. truely i now manage both emails ie albertsouh@yahoo.com and picelectron@yahoo.com. this is because the guy who actually helped me realise the progect has now gotten a new job and he is very very occupied so he ask me to manage his mails for him he told me he is done with electronics. Actually i have been doing electronics for pleasure but things have now change i have bills to pay and other things that need finance so i am trying to make money from electronics. electronics have been making money out of me now is my turn. Talk about money and all the scammers will show up. I don't have plans to scam people i am just trying to help and make money out of electronics. and the way i plan to do this is that i first of all help you in realising your project and if you appreciate what i have done then it is all left for you to compensate me financially. A peace of advice to all those spending a lot of time carrying out electronics projects you should know that there are also other very important things in life like running after women and playing with friends and most important making money to support yourself and other. i have realised that most electronic technicians are social misfits which is my case and i am trying had to over come that. i am sorry if i might have hurt anybody but it is the bitter truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back