Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 04IP...how to use the internal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak246

How do I to set up PIC16F877 to use its internal oscillator rather than connecting an external one. Which osc fuse do i set and is there anything else i have to do with the config or any extra code i need to implement? Also, how accurate are the internal oscs? Are they more accurate than an external ceramic resonator with built in caps? Thanks.

AFAIK, there isn't any internal oscillator in PIC16F877's.

The only options are low power crystal, crystal/resonator, high speed crystal or RC circuit.

motion said:
AFAIK, there isn't any internal oscillator in PIC16F877's.

The only options are low power crystal, crystal/resonator, high speed crystal or RC circuit.

Quite right, there is no internal oscillator in the 16F877, only a fairly small number of PIC's have internal oscillators - usually the small ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back