Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f876A - PC RS232 link

Status
Not open for further replies.

raitl

So I'm trying to get my PIC to communicate with the PC using Nigel's tutorial 7-1a

The problem is, that when I connect the RS232 modules power supply wire to the mainboard, the PIC stops sending data and just keeps the pin high, checked with winscope.

Attachments

• rs232.png
    rs232.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,366
Make sure you have your RS232 connection wired correctly, the diagrams in my tutorial are for the leads I use - and I can't remember if they are straight or crossed (I've had them for years).

But apart from that, the tutorials are fully functional and tested.

Just test the RS232 module without connection to PIC and PC serial port.

If it works, you might be able to measure voltages higher than 3V across each of the four capacitors C1~C4.

1. check the program that you disable interupts.
2. make sure you are transmitting data rapidly or continously to rs232 port.
3. If PIC's pin is in heigh state that's mean most probably the problem of the program.
4. If MAX232 level converter's output pin is in high mean the input to MAX232 from the pin is in low state. Make sure which sied is high. If it is RS232 side that's mean pic output is zero or no transmission ocure continously.

Suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back