Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F876 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zika1212

i'm using PIC16F876 , but during simulation at the simulator i noticed that the program is restarted every 2.304 sec. !! do i have something wrong in my program or what ??

zika1212 said:
i'm using PIC16F876 , but during simulation at the simulator i noticed that the program is restarted every 2.304 sec. !! do i have something wrong in my program or what ??

It sounds like you have the WDT (Watch Dog Timer) turned ON. Check your configuration fuse settings!.

i checked for the WDT and i cleared it using the configuration word at address 2007h , but i still have the problem ....

i tried to write simpler programs and i have checked the programs i wrote before but the same problem is still there ??!!

zika1212 said:
i checked for the WDT and i cleared it using the configuration word at address 2007h , but i still have the problem ....

i tried to write simpler programs and i have checked the programs i wrote before but the same problem is still there ??!!

Try posting your code here, assuming it's not too long?.

Never mind ,, finally it worked and it was the Watchdog .. i disabled it from the configuration bits .. thanx anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back