Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f876 coding in mpasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles01

Hi folks
i have been told by some friends that the pic16f876 uses totally different coding from other chips in assembly, where can i get an example of a program for the pic16f876 where it is used to read data from a port and use the data to control other ports?

I want to use mine to receive dmx input and have 2xpwm output from the ccp1 and ccp2 pins

thanks in advance

Hi folks
i have been told by some friends that the pic16f876 uses totally different coding from other chips in assembly, where can i get an example of a program for the pic16f876 where it is used to read data from a port and use the data to control other ports?

I want to use mine to receive dmx input and have 2xpwm output from the ccp1 and ccp2 pins

thanks in advance

hi,
The 16F876 is almost the same MPLAB coding as most other 16F series PICs.
The CONFIG settings vary from PIC to PIC type.

Which assembler are you using.?

EDIT:
This link shows how to read PIC pins, it can be easily edited to suit the 16F876

Last edited:
i have MPLAB IDE v8.3 and will use the MPASM toolsuite to build my source files with the tamplates provided in the toolsuite. i intend to use the PIcKit 3 for programming the chip once the code is working

thanks

i have MPLAB IDE v8.3 and will use the MPASM toolsuite to build my source files with the tamplates provided in the toolsuite. i intend to use the PIcKit 3 for programming the chip once the code is working

thanks

hi,
Look in the microchip folder on your hard drive, you should see a 16F876TEMP.asm folder.
Mine is located at: C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Code

Use the template as a starter for your 16F876 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back