Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spopovich

hi! I was just wondering if I have to use a UART for a PIC16F84A to be interface to a serial port :roll:

does it mean to say that If i'm going to send a total of 10 bits to a pin configured as an output I have to do it one bit at a time and then use a max232 to invert the voltage level of the ouput pin :?:

Spopovich said:
does it mean to say that If i'm going to send a total of 10 bits to a pin configured as an output I have to do it one bit at a time and then use a max232 to invert the voltage level of the ouput pin :?:

It's best to use a MAX232, although by inverting the bits you can do without it, but it operates outside RS232 specifications (but usually works fine).

And yes, you send it one bit at a time (which is what serial communications is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back