Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84A problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranshoukat

Hi Guys,

I am using a 5x7 display kit from Talking electronics. I received it few days back and soldered the components onto the PCB, had some problems with the Serial cable, anyways now the main problem which i am not able to figure out is, when I burn the PIC with a program, it executes the program for just
2-3secs and it seems that it resets itself. What could go wrong, the solder, the PIC or what.

It sounds like you have the Watch Dog Timer enabled. What code are you programming into the chip?

Mike.

Well I type any code, the program runs well, but it resets itself after 2-3 secs. How do I know whether the watch dog timer is active or not.

The WDT is enabled in the configuration setting. You should have a line in your code that starts __config or you can normally setup the config in your programming software. You can test if the WDT is enabled by inserting a CLRWDT (Clear Watch Dog Timer) instruction in your code - it should be in a loop so it gets cleared often.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back