Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F690 pin configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beki

guyz i have a problem with PIC16F690 pin configuration, i was thinking of replacing a 555 timer with PIC for a timer but im not sure if that is possible. Im not sure if i will get the same circuit operation if i do the replacement. this 555 timer is in a HIGH AND LOW PROTECTOR CIRCUIT WITH TIME DELAY, so i was thinking of using PIC instead on the delay part

Yes it's possible but mind you, you have to actually program the functions into the PIC, you can't just hook up a capacitor and resistor like you can the 555 and expect it to work instantly.

With the appropriate code however you could simulate the same oscillating function of a 555 using a resistor, capacitor, and 2 pins on the PIC, allowing you to change the frequency the same way as the 555 timer.
Or completely forgo that option and just create the oscillating output entirely in code

Though considering the fact you want to replace the 555timer(a $0.25 part) with a microcontroller (a 2$ part) suggests you intend on having it accomplish other functions other than producing an oscillating output.

There smaller chips that are less then a dollar that would work fine for this 12f508 would work fine.

And the code would be simple to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back