Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f630

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the position of the ICSP pins on the device.

The 16F630 would need to go in the 8-pin position and whatever software you're using should be smart enough to use VPP1 instead of VPP2.

Good luck. Regards, Mike

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I don't have a parallel port on my laptop and I gave away my P16PRO40 so I'm not in a very good position to help you. Sorry.

The WinPic800 software looks very nice and supports a ton of chips but it doesn't list the P16PRO40 hardware specifically. Looks like a couple hardware listings are identical though, including VPP1 and VPP2 selections. Perhaps someone else on the Forum could help you setup the P16PRO40 with it?

Regards, Mike

just a thought but isn't it likely that a PIC out of a commercial product has the code protect bit set?

bhong2002 said:
i don't know :D, maybe Sir Nigel has the answer :), is there any software that support the p16f630 chip using P16Pro40?

Just checked, WinPicProg does support the 16F630!, as suggested your PIC is almost certainly code protected, so will read all zero's.

bhong2002 said:
oh,, okay, thanks is there a way that i can change the program in that write protected chip or should i erase it and put another codes in it?

depends on your budget. If it's large and your scruples say it's ok, you can send the chip to an offshore lab and they can recover the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back