Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16F628 using too much power while asleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

I've got this project wich involves a Pic16F628 running on internal oscillator and when the chip goes to sleep it consumes 80 µA (@5V). According to the datasheet it should be possible to get it as low as 1µA (at 3V, so i'll settle for about 5µA at 5V).

I didn't leave any pins floating (all outputs, and keypad inputs are pulled high with internal pullups). No external circuitry is using power (tested it with the bare pic, only power and mclr connected) and comparators, vref and usart are disabled...

Am i missing something, some perephial that needs to be turned off or something... or is the datasheet too optimistic and is 80µA really the lowest i can get.

Found the problem :)

It was the brown-out circuitry wich was using the current. Turned the brown out fuse off and only using 3µA in sleep now 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back