Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F627A Upgrade...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlambertsen

HI.

Thanks for a great forum, very useful information to be found. :)

Have a quick first question

I have up untill now used the 16f627a for my projects, But for my latest project I have run out of I/O pins. What would be a good "next step up"

I have looked at the pic18F2220, as I can source that easily

any suggestions.

Spec.
Serial pc interface (Rs232)
17 general purpose I/O pins for LEDs, and switches

Best regards

HI.

Thanks for a great forum, very useful information to be found. :)

Have a quick first question

I have up untill now used the 16f627a for my projects, But for my latest project I have run out of I/O pins. What would be a good "next step up"

I have looked at the pic18F2220, as I can source that easily

any suggestions.

Spec.
Serial pc interface (Rs232)
17 general purpose I/O pins for LEDs, and switches

An obvious upgrade from the 16F627 would be something like a 16F877, and an upgrade from that an 18F series - but if you wanted to jump direct to the
18F series that would be fine as well.

If you want to stay with the 16 series then I would suggest the 16F886 (28 pin) or 887 (40 pin) as these have an internal oscillator whereas the 876 and 877 don't.

Mike.

Go for the 18F series (the 18F1320 and 18F2220 are fine upgrades)

I hate going back to 16F having spent so much time working with the 18F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back