Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f627/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdd

Hi,

Has any one had problems with quirky programming with the P16F627/8. I'm trying to migrate from the good old p16f84. These two device share some simular operations and some pin to pin compatible. But when I tried the same function in the 84 onto the 627( the 627 has this function), the 627 had irratic and wired operation, and sometimes no function at all. I have disable the LVP and comparator in the 627. May be I missed something? Any body help please :( ?

But when I tried the same function in the 84 onto the 627( the 627 has this function), the 627 had irratic
Help us help you. Which function are you talking about?

The general purpose registers on the pic16f627/8 start at 0x20. The registers on the pic16f84 start at 0x0c

You have to make sure that none of your code tries to use any registers in the range 0x0c - 0x1f as general purpose.

I'm sorry if you have already realise this.

Thanks guys,

May be I should have said I was using C compiler. So the memory location or register bank etc has been taken care of by the compiler. I think may be it's the configuration word. How do I know what is the correct word to set?

Check the following site:
**broken link removed**

I'm bit surprised that there's not much been said about the Configuration word, and yet it's so important. I remember I had some troubles when I first started programming the PIC. Sometimes I wasted hours looking for programming error and it turned out just a mistake on the configuration word. I wonder if many people had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back