Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16C54 Does any one have Simple programmer for this Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pasanlaksiri,

Welcome to the forum.

if you dont have many ICs of 16c54 it is better to shift to newer vesrsions. if only c54 is preferred, then cosider 16F54 which is flash and ICSP programmable. In fact it is better to consider very new versions than spend money for programmer. you may take help of any friends who can do few chips abd done with it.

mvs sarma said:
Hi Pasanlaksiri,

Welcome to the forum.

if you dont have many ICs of 16c54 it is better to shift to newer vesrsions. if only c54 is preferred, then cosider 16F54 which is flash and ICSP programmable. In fact it is better to consider very new versions than spend money for programmer. you may take help of any friends who can do few chips abd done with it.

Thanks for the info bro. I'm a newbie for programming. But i make some ccts using 16F84A, 16F628A and 12C508. But in this case i wanna try this 4 Digit Digital Clock . So can some one help me to programm this PIC.

As suggested, why not use the 16F54, it's easily programmed replacement?. Without checking on MicroChip I can't be sure, but some of the ancient OTP devices required a parallel programing rather than the newer serial system.

did you see the AN615
operates from 2 cells-- i have modded it to work with 16F84a and with continous display. this works well the 1.8 to 3V max ie., two celss either chargeable or dry cells.

if you want,i can give you the mod hex File

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
did you see the AN615
operates from 2 cells-- i have modded it to work with 16F84a and with continous display. this works well the 1.8 to 3V max ie., two celss either chargeable or dry cells.

if you want,i can give you the mod hex File

Oh plz can u give it to me with source code and Schematics. Thanks bro:)

pasanlaksiri said:
Oh plz can u give it to me with source code and Schematics. Thanks bro:)

Hi, you may download the application note AN615B from www.microchip.com which is comperhensive.

modified software clk8fcont.hex is appended

No change in hardware-- apply only 3V . at 4.5 volts it is behaving erratic. at 3V or 2.4v(nicd or nimh) it works fine

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Hi, you may download the application note AN615B from www.microchip.com which is comperhensive.

modified software clk8fcont.hex is appended

No change in hardware-- apply only 3V . at 4.5 volts it is behaving erratic. at 3V or 2.4v(nicd or nimh) it works fine

Can I use PIC16F84A for this cct. And what is the meaning " continous display ". Does it mean no fickering rate or very low flickering rate? Is it a 24hour clock?

Thanks ton my friend. I'm going to make it Tomorrow.

Last edited:
pasanlaksiri said:
Can I use PIC16F84A for this cct. And what is the meaning " continous display ". Does it mean no fickering rate or very low flickering rate?

Thanks ton my friend. I'm going to make it Tomorrow.
yes 16F84 a-4 can be used. crystal is 32.768KHz

original design is also low flicker- but after 8 sec the display will be off. that timing i removed it .
little flickering is due to low spped of refreshing.
you may read the article and only if you like you make-- other wise you can modify the 590 software to suite 16F84A-4

mvs sarma said:

original design is also low flicker- but after 8 sec the display will be off. that timing i removed it .
you may read the article and only if you like you make-- other wise you can modify the 590 software to suite 16F84A-4

I like to make it. Hey do u have any 12Hour clocks using 16F84A

pasanlaksiri said:
I like to make it. Hey do u have any 12Hour clocks using 16F84A

Hi someother person also wanted it-- you may modify this.as you can download original asm file

mvs sarma said:

Hey bro, That 32.768kHz crystal is hard to find here. So do u have any idea, what r the calculations for RC. Or how to calculate it. :)

pasanlaksiri said:
Hey bro, That 32.768kHz crystal is hard to find here. So do u have any idea, what r the calculations for RC. Or how to calculate it. :)

It's a standard watch crystal - try taking an old watch or battery clock to pieces!.

It would be pointless using an RC oscillator on a clock!.

Last edited:
if you try (as some one said, whenthere is a will there is a way) , you will get it , as Nigel rightly said, from old and condemned casio digital watches. and few other sources of scrap.

also you can't just say that thereare no watch repairers and electronic repairers-- components are generally available-- only you have to trace for them . please don't start with negative--

mvs sarma said:
if you try (as some one said, whenthere is a will there is a way) , you will get it , as Nigel rightly said, from old and condemned casio digital watches. and few other sources of scrap.

also you can't just say that thereare no watch repairers and electronic repairers-- components are generally available-- only you have to trace for them . please don't start with negative--

also you can't just say that thereare no watch repairers and electronic repairers-- components are generally available
:D :D :) :) :p :p ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back