Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC12F675 Design Suggestions - Frequency to Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsfii

Hello, I need some design ideas here for making a simple - low cost PIC controlled adjustable Frequency to Frequency converter.

Input frequency will be a square wave 5vdc. ranging from 0khz to 20khz. I need to process the input freq and increase/decrease the output frequency by 1% increments up to 255%.

Frequency output will be selected by 8 switches, (i.e. switch setting 00001001 would yeild 17%)

If input was 1khz

At 1% output would be 10hz
At 100% output would be 1khz
At 200% output would be 2khz

Thanks for any pointers.

My idea I have is that I will use a Frequency to Voltage converter. Then run the Vout from that into my PIC12F75 which has a 10-bit A/D internally. There I can read the freq and modify it per switches and out put a new frequency using the onboard timer/counter?

Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back