Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC12F629 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

frubo

hi. I am working on a project in which I have a PIC12F629 and each of the output pins goes to LEDs and an optoisolator. I wanted to control 6 optoisolators with this chip but found when I got it that the GPIO3(pin4) is only input so that leaves me with only 5 outputs to control 6 things. I dont really feel like buying another chip unless i have to but I realized if i could just get the 6th optoisolator to turn on when any of the other ones are on and be off when the other 5 are off this would work. I cant seem to figure it out though I tried hooking up 2 optoisolators to 1 pin but neither of them would turn on. I also tried using transistors too but im not sure how to set it up exactly. Im using 2 AA batteries to power it btw.

well I got it working without the LEDs. I guess there wasnt enough current to light them and the optoisolators. I can deal without them until I get a pic with more output pins.

Typical source current on a PIC output pin is 20mA. Enough for one LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back