Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC with bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantak

Hey,
I am currently working on a project where it is required to measure a physiological signal,say ECG, and this signal is then input to the PIC microcontroller.A bluetooth module or dongle is connected to the microcontroller. In case of an alarm condition it is required to send a msg or alarm thru the bt device to the doctor's bluetooth enabled mobile. How can this be done? have two doubts.
1. How to connect the pic to BT MODULE OR dongle?
2. how to create a msg or file in the pic to send to the mobile?
looking forward to your comments.

thanking you.
abhimanyu

To connect to BT module, u will need a PIC with a UART port. U have to send the data serially to the dongle. But the coding for this wont be too short.

A msg or file is nothing but a binary data, so u can predefine some data in the PIC to send at certain instant, so from the PDA u can write the software in a way so the received data can be displayed in text format.
It is better u fix into ASCII code for text so u dont need to make any extra character mappings.

BT Dongle

I've used a dongle from SMART Technologies that worked very well and was extremely easy to configure. It might be worth checking out. However, at 60 bucks, it is a little expensive.

Hi there! I am Ober, doing master on Bluetooth for mobile robot for my master research project. And I do interface PIC18F458 with Bluetooth module through UART.
Kantak, Yes! You may interface the Bluetooth module with PIC. AS marxmax said you can connect through UART, but you need to program PIC to sent HCI protocol to Bluetooth module and also process the HCI event from Bluetooth module. Once they are connected, then PIC must be able to sent ACL data to Bluetooth module. That is the lowest layer of Bluetooth Protocol. and to let you know, with this..... you cannot send any data to Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Because mobile phone is SPP (serial Port Profile) and higher protocol such as OBEX..... which need the other end also have the same protocol. So ....... you need a SPP Bluetooth module! not HCI Bluetooth module!

You may take a look at www.cytron.com.my for the Bluetooth module, as they offer good support and provide small amount purchase. Thanks and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back