Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic, usb,matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,
i am searching for a reference that might help me in connecting pic18f4550 to matlab via usb protocol. i have basic knowledge of matlab and pic. i have interfaced pic with vb. but i downloaded the code from net. i want to do it using matlab. pls help me. i cant even find a single tutorial.

Last edited:
thank you mister T ,
but i really want to go with USB .
i have been to the page before but i cant find microchip among supported manufacturers.
think i should go through the page once more

i have been through this site . and was bout to tell you . this project uses dll and sort of things . apart from using the visa object. and there is not much of explanation . any way thanks for the effort . i will come back only after reading those materials

USB is a complicated thing.. you need to study how the communication works and how Matlab can communicate through USB. Study the material and maybe contact Matlab support or the guy who wrote the blog I linked.
.. as I said.. I would go with USART. You can get that working in an hour. USB can take you weeks of full time studying.

Ok.. I found this: **broken link removed**
If you really want to go with USB, then you need to find out how to setup your PIC as HID device. I hope microchip has some examples (code) for HID devices.
This is maybe the easiest way to get USB communication working.

The drivers I linked are not free.. you can search for free HID drivers for matlab or write your own drivers.. But, if you can afford Matlab then 69 euros for the drivers probably are not a problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back