Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC USB CDC Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWingz

After trolling the Internet for a while,i came to the conclusion that developing a PIC usb cdc serial communication is probably not something a PIC 4 month old like me can handle.

Hence,i tried out the CDC sample code that came with Microchip Application Library:CDC Serial Emulator.
Build Successful.
Burned the hex into the 18F4550;Plugged in the USB Cable;
PING!
Windows has detected the device.I was a happy 'lil hamster.
Then,USB Device not recognised.
I wasnt worried,i had the driver ready:mchpcdc.inf
I manually pointed the driver location to windows, NO JOY :(
Windows refuses to recognise the driver file.
i hit the internet.a little bit of searching revealed that VID and PID for the product in the device descriptor and the inf file match.
the device manager was telling me VID and PID were both 0000.
so i changed the inf file to match. STILL NO JOY

BOTTOMLINE:windows detects pic as usb device,but refuses to recognise the driver.
What am i to do?
if you have any valuable insight,you might want to dumb it down for me...

This means it's not working right
Then,USB Device not recognized

Your hardware is acting up.

You have to have the D+ and D- lines short and the right cap on VUSB wrong cap is bad for giving a Device not recognized

And if you just cut a USB cord and wire it to the chip some cords have the colors right some don't I've seen green for D+ and on some It would be white

USB-pinout.jpg
I always ohm the cord even if it has the right colors just to make sure

@burt
uhmm,i'm using a purchased quick start kit.this one:
**broken link removed**
but i can attatch the schematics once i get back to the pc i work on.

Last edited:
That board is using a bootloader so when you compiled your code did you set the config or use the no config option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back