Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to RF transciever - signal levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick66

Hi .. hope you guys can help. I'm working on a project based around PIC to PIC communication over an RF link (PIC16f827). I need a serial RF link of about 150m line of sight. The project is actually to measure wind speed and temperature at a remote node and transmit the data to a master node. I'll be using the PIC serial usart functionality.

I'm thinking the solution will look like ... Sensors > PIC > RF650 ----- RF650 > PIC > Max232 > PalmPilot

The RF650 is an RF transciever module available from RF Solutions. The only problem is that the PICs run off 5v and the RF650 off 3.3v. That shouldn't be too difficult as I guess I just need two regulators in each circuit ... one for 5v and the other 3.3v.

The data sheet https://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/DS650-6.pdf for the RF650 stated that its TTL\CMOS compatible but then states that ...

HTML:
Data input to the transmitter can be directly interfaced to CMOS
logic drive operating on the same supply voltage as the
transceiver.
and
HTML:
Received data output to host controller(CMOS logic out) ...

Will I have any problems connecting the input\outputs of the RF650 modules to the input\outputs of the PICs due to the different supply voltage levels?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back