Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to PIC Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok this is more of just a general question. I dont need to know how to do something just whats possible.

Is it possible or well would this work.

2 PICs
1 PC

PIC #2 would connect to PIC #1 USART and PIC #1 to PC.

PIC - PIC - PC
PIC #2 - TX to PIC #1 RX
PIC#1 TX to PC

This would be a 1 way thing but is it possible? The main question would then be, "Can i connect 1 pic to another which in turn is connected to the pc?"

I know they both would have to be on the same baud rate. Or should i use another option for PIC communication like I2C?

The distance would be nothing but inches lol. Both pics would be on the same board, so its not for long distance comminication.

You can do either, they will both work. You may want to add PC TX to Pic #2 RX so you have a full circle.

I'd go I²C between pics and RS232 to PC but it really depends on what you are trying to do.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. The full circle would be cool too. I rather rely on the I²C stuff for pic communication and use the rs232 on the main pic. Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back