Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic to PC using windows C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerran

Ive been feverishly searching the net to find topics or tutorials on how to progran in C++ in a way to access a pic. Ive seen some VB applications but havent noticed any C++ versions.

Has anyone come across any tutorials or sample code that could kick start me on the subject? What Im trying to design is a windows applications to set the position of 6 servos on a bi-ped walker controlled by a pic. Right now Im reprogramming the pic with several gants and watching the result of each but it would be nice to load the device on the fly with servo information to produce gants and movement in real-time.

Im not a huge fan of COM but I have done some directX programming in the past so I can gag threw it if COM's what's required. Im assuming I could probably do it in activeX or directX using the serial routines but I dont have any books on the subject atm.

API's arn't by any means difficult but Im an encapsulated fan. Im sure MFC or directX must have some functions that encapsulate it, just gonna keep digging a bit before I do it the API way.

Just flipped threw the link you posted motion, seems to be what Im looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back