Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic to modem interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppemon

Am using PIC16f877A microcontroller for a temperature sensor project. The pic should be interfaced with a modem. If the pic senses the temperature above a critical temperature it must use the modem to send an SMS as an alert. Thats all what i needed. Can u help?

Is this a school project? We talked about this in the chat and I told you not to post your suggested answer on the forum!

I would either use something like SparkFun Electronics - GSM/GPRS Module - SM5100B as a module or an old Siemens/Nokia mobile phone. You can talk to old mobile phones using their serial port in order to send messages.

You cannot simply use a modem, it is not as easy as dialing the cell phone. You need to talk to an SMS service centre in the middle, which is a digital and not analogue thing.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't send me silly private messages saying "haaaaaai" and "hellooooo". If you have further questions, ask them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back