Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic to max6952

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedo

hi...
where i can find a sample for pics to drived max6952
i want to make matrix led board.

Wow! Ialian? ;-)

It has been my observation that Maxim produces excellent datasheets and aplication notes. You did check them before posting -- right?

im also currently working on this chip i will use asm and the data sheets.
i drew up a ugly schematic for it though im verry new to the electronic parts

for example in the scematic there is C1 and C3 those where directly from the typical application sheet , later on i read it should be 100 nf ( C1 ) close to the chip or 47 uf if its far way from the chip.
I am dieing to start programming though i usaly get stuck on electrical connections

please be forgiving on my drawing its one of the first with these programs
no intend to hijack topic but saw no reason to open a new one for the same sparse topic

Attachments

• newtest.png
    newtest.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 754
philba said:
that's kind of a cool chip. do any disti's actually carry it?
**broken link removed**

you can still buy it directly from Maxim

sorry, i never had the guts to buy MikroC.. but after looking at their website you're suppose to have a SPI library. Just what you need. How to? try to find some code example. If you find something around EEPROMs like 93C06, 93C46, 93C56 you're half done!

**broken link removed**
you're suppose to have some SPI examples

Last edited:
yes. i heve mikroC user manul book . but sample on book do nat work.

i'm testing spi function on max7219 nat working or shematik is wrong design.

What is it about the datasheet that you do not understand? Please be specific and refer to page number and paragraph or section number.

EDIT:
I see the two power pins and the three ground pins on page 1 - pretty straight forward.

I see the SPI interface pins, CLK, DIN, CS-bar, and DOUT - this interface hookup is straightforward if you read the PIC datasheet for the SPI interface carefully. CS-bar can be any convenient port pin. BLINK can also be any convenient port pin.

Capacitor Cset and resistor Rset are computed from formulas in the datasheet. They control the maximum current which affects the brightness and the LED multiplexing update rate. You can round them to convenient and available values. They do not need to be precision components.

Lastly I see 24 output pins which are connected to the output digits according to the diagram.

So I ask again; what is the problem with the datasheet?

Last edited:
hi,
look at my circuit,
im using MIkroC for coding and Proteus for simulation,im attaching these files pleaes look at these and telll me if its something wrong with the code,plz revies the code and circuit and make a code for scrolling some text on the display,
waiting for the reply,

Attachments

• MAX6952.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 444
max6952 WITH MOSFET

Did you use Max6952 to matrix or do you know how use it with mosfet to have more intensity in leds ?

and interface with 89c52 and run , multiple display run properly, some data also scrolling , it scroll but not in proper way as per requirement, i am trying

i used proteus and keil for this project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back