Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic to max232 to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

I'm trying to get a Pic to send a serial "Hello world" to my pc using Hyperterm, But not having any luck! Do I have the MAX232 wired right?

Steve

Attachments

• 232.jpeg
    232.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,182
My success with MAX232 has been a little limited lately, but I noticed the T2OUT line is tied to the serieal port in the diagram. The TTL signals on this line are probably falling under RS-232's noise margin and be rejected by the PC. But quote me on that, because I'm no expert on RS-232. signaling.

Good luck on the circuit! And let us know how it goes. (I'm trying to do something like this soon too).

pic to rs232

have a look at this demo bord....
u can goto google and just type picmicro+rs232 and u can find more info.
:)

Attachments

• pic_hi-tech_c_mike_pearces_demo_board.jpg
    pic_hi-tech_c_mike_pearces_demo_board.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,043
Try taking the RS-232 out of the circuit and see if its your software or the chip. Use a 22K resistor between your input pin on the pic and pin 3(if your using a 9 pin connector) of your connector and a 1K resistor between your output pin on the pic and pin 2 of your connector.

Ive had better luck with hyper-terminal communications not using a rs-232 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back